Saturday 4 June 2011

What This Blog is about...

No, not a blonde joke. Actually here is one. How does a blonde turn the lights on after sex? By opening the door. Not funny.
I created this blog, with my fingers tips, that are controlled by my brain, which is itself functions thanks to the laws of electromagnetism, to ponder about the great questions that have infected mankind. Like: Is there a God? Is there Justice? Is there Free Will? Is there food in my fridge? I hope there is.
Philosophy is an ancient art, probably not even art, hard to define by itself.
It was a practice of the ones that have a lot of time, and don't regard about life, as the common man said, not understanding the work the great philosophers that have done to barricade the doors against ignorance. But for me is not not a practice.

It is rather the "medicine" for the soul (does it exist? I hope mine goes to Purgatory). It could be ignored, like in the way you can turn down medicine prescribed by your local doctors (who nowdays don't seem to care about the patient's identity but rather  see them just as a bag of symptoms to be cured), philosophy has an amazing power over one's life. It can take it down or even give it a new significance.
Once a wise man said " philosophy is not something to master, but rather something to free from."
I have no idea of what the means. but the food in the fridge is waiting for me.
E.Jemes

No comments:

Post a Comment